They still have that beloved gingerbread taste but with zero sugar they also come with zero guilt. Try out this recipe and have fun decorating! I kept the design simple but you could make these a bit more fancy. Enjoy!
So what will you need…
Ingredients (makes 20 gingerbread men):
- 200g flour
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 3 tbsp honey
- 60g olive spread (butter is an alternative)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Step by step recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, ginger and baking powder. Mix together.
3. Add the honey and butter to the mixture and pull together with hands to form a dough.
4. Knead the dough for a few minutes.
5. Roll dough out into a thin sheet – a few millimetres thick. It may be easier to divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each separately.
6. Use a medium sized gingerbread man cutter to cut up the dough into gingerbread men shapes.
7. Cut as many gingerbread men as you can then take the left over dough and re-roll it out and repeat until you’ve used it all up.
8. Place the gingerbread men on a baking tray and space them out evenly.
9. Put them in the oven at 180ºC for 8 minutes.
10. Finish them off by decorating however you choose! I used an icing pen to draw three buttons down the centre but feel free to be more creative. You could use jelly tots as buttons and maybe use the icing pen to make a face.
These sweet treats are cute and delicious! They also make a great activity for kids who would love to decorate them.
Don’t forget they’re sugar free!
Social media links:
Instagram: meganjoneswrites (blog), imegameg (personal)